Thursday, October 28, 2010

Residuals of a Cluttered Existence

I cannot sleep.

All I do now is eat sugar.

I don't ever want to do homework...sometimes out of sheer principle.

I really like 30 Rock.

Tonight, I spent a lot of time on Tumblr...I still don't get how it works.

I haven't been eating a good breakfast lately. Perhaps this is why I eat so much sugar.

I really enjoy advising freshmen on their schedules. I feel like I can live vicariously through them. Then I feel ashamed and wonder how much my kids will hate me someday.

Sometimes I wonder how much of a "reflection" of a person a blog actually is.

I don't watch Glee.

I do not want to live with 7 other women ever again. I sincerely wonder how the Duggars do it all.

I think I am becoming more ok with whatever vocational decision I will make...whenever that time comes.

When I write, I feel like I am being stifled. Like I am hitting some glass ceiling of expression when I write. And maybe someday, I will be able to tear open the cloth, breathe air into my lungs, and think clearly. Then write about it.

I had never heard of Bernini til today. I think he is more talented than Michelangelo. Why have I not heard of him before?

Today, I had lunch with an author. He was a pretty cool, laid-back guy. He basically said to keep reading and writing. I feel like I agree with that.

Today, Lauren and I discussed the beauty of popular fiction and the ails of the literary canon. Eek.

Sometimes I wonder what really constitutes "autobiography." Is this list autobiographical? What makes anything autobiographical? Displaying my indecision and cluttered brain space?

I like mischievous adults. I would like to be one.

I haven't really cooked in a while. Like--REALLY cooked. I need to get on that.

I feel like my life is going somewhere I'll never even begin to imagine. And I think that's kinda cool.

It's ok to just do whatever. I need to accept that more easily. Thank you for your letter, Katie; you always set me straight.

More tossing and turning, coming right up!

No comments:

Post a Comment