Monday, November 29, 2010

A Digital Collage of Sorts

So I realize that I just kinda launched into the blogosphere without properly introducing myself. I've given you little hints about myself, but nothing really comprehensive.

We are about to enter into the TMI/"I don't really care about this, Amy" zone.

I'm Amy. I'm a college senior living in the South. I'm trying to figure out how I will not starve in the next few years. This is how I feel about that:




I'm also not very fond of taking pictures. I blame it on my uncle, who would force us to spend half of our family reunions squishing together and leaving no room for the Holy Spirit to breathe in our group portraits. This is probably one of my better ones:



It's probably my brother's best. Double-breasted suit on a four-year-old?! It doesn't get much better than that! I should really thank my mom for her children's fashion sense. I rather did enjoy wearing hats.

I may look like the youngest...but I'm not. That honor belongs to my little sister, who decided to come along when I had held the coveted title of "youngest" for about nine and a half years. When she was born, my mom asked me if I wanted to hold my new baby sister. I responded by sobbing and running out of the room.

I was a very...expressive child.


After the first couple months of CONSTANT CRYING (that is not an exaggeration), she started to laugh. And then she got cuter. And now she's adorable. And look! I love her!

I owned a business suit at age sixteen.



If that doesn't have "fun fact" written all over it, I don't know what does.



By the way, I needed the suit for Academic Decathlon. I loved this program. It changed my life. Nerd alert!

My life in AD also led me to a Hawaiian vacation...for free.

Haters to the left.


I have been to the largest Christmas store in the entire world.


The Bronner's Christmas store in Frankenmuth, Michigan, is one of the coolest places I've ever been to; it's like thousands upon thousands of holiday square footage. It's Christmas on crack...seriously.  

I have my roommate Miranda to thank for that trip, as she hails from Michigan. I have been so blessed to meet people in college who are as weird as I am.


Love you, Mir!  :)


This is not one of the better moments of my life. I will leave that up to speculation.

Undoubtedly, I have been thoroughly blessed. I am in awe of the myriad of people present on this earth, and it is one of my great pleasures to get to know them. It's amazing to see all of the different talents and mediums through which people express themselves, sharing with the rest of the world what it's like to be human. And that's what I feel that food does for me.


There is nothing that puts people on an even plane like partaking in a meal together. Around a table, the titles and positions people hold slowly drift away through the simple act of eating; after all, everyone has to eat to survive. And when I serve someone a dish, I feel like I'm putting a little piece of my soul on a plate for them because the food I cook comes from memories of the past, explores the excitements of the moment, and dreams of what the future could be.

Aww...I just went mushy on you.

So there you have it--a digital collage of sorts. I hope you enjoyed it; there are no guarantees that it won't happen again.

I just used a double negative. I work in my university's Writing Center. I feel all rebellious now. 


P.S. Go Vols.

1 comment: