Thursday, December 9, 2010

Death Eaters & Other Unpleasant Things

Today, I woke up with anger.

Fierce, white hot, rabid anger.

I dreamed I was in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows as myself--I wasn't projected as one of J.K.'s existing characters. I was running around with Harry and Ron (Ron, how have you gotten so attractive lately?), and I was pretty much loving life.

Then we got ambushed by some Death Eaters.

Then I pulled out my wand...and no spells came out of my mouth.

Time was suspended as I stood frozen in gaping horror, Death Eater slowly rising before me. And I knew I was a goner.

Then I gasped, and looked around. And I saw my alarm clock. I wasn't about to be killed by a Death Eater.

And I realized I didn't do anything. I stood there like a scared little child.

Like a Hufflepuff.

Not even a Ravenclaw.

Question: do people hate on Hufflepuffs too much? Why are there no awesome Ravenclaws? Shouldn't we be able to value other Houses?

Even still...I don't want to be a Hufflepuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment