Friday, December 24, 2010

'Twas the Night Before Christmas, and in Tennessee...

...Amy whirled around the kitchen, busier than a bee.

Don't worry--I'm not going to heroic couplet you this entire post.

Thank goodness.

So it's Christmas Eve, which is probably the best day of the year.

But...why is Christmas Eve the best day of the year, you may ask?

Because I get to spend it leisurely in my kitchen--that's why!

I get to make things like this:




Which get filled and turn into things like this:




And while I'm making that, I get to munch on things like this:


Don't hate; it's always salsa season in this house.

Fact: my family are two quarts of a fresh batch I made today.

Just sayin'. Tis the season.

There will be even more pies made, and ingredients will be prepped for culinary ease tomorrow afternoon. A turkey will be dressed and sent to bed at approximately 11:30 pm for a 13 hour roast.

Oh yes. Low and slow=moist and delicious, my friends. My great-grandmother said so, and after eating the results for 21 years, I'm a believer. I'll make a believer out of you too. You'll see.

But perhaps my favorite part of Christmas Day is breakfast, when my family will eat this:


And I will make this tomorrow. And consume spoonfuls of batter.

Oh. Yes.

If I don't go into a sugar coma, I'll count that as my Christmas miracle.

I hope you and yours feel the joy and mirth of the season, and that you, too, do not lapse into a food-related coma.

I'm thankful to have met some of the nicest people on the internetz, and I want you to know that I'm thankful for each and every one of you.

Merry Christmas, y'all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment