You will be so happy you made them-- and so will your friends!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes about 3 dozen)
Print this recipe
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) Butter or butter flavored Crisco, softened
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment. Cream butter and sugar til fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat or stir in flour, oats, baking soda, and salt; mix well! Stir in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon. Drop 1 tablespoon of dough on cookie sheet, keeping a 1-inch space between cookies.
Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for five minutes, then transfer to cooling rack or parchment paper. If placed in an airtight container, they'll stay fresh for about a week.
Enjoy thoroughly with a glass of milk!