Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Facebook and Twitter and Updates, Oh my!

I am self-diagnosed sufferer of ADD.

It's true.

Every time I become exasperated with my inability to focus on one thing at a time, I make ADD my scapegoat.

It's hip. It's convenient. And it's the truth.

Maybe not that last one. I don't have to worry about being good til January 1 because my New Year's Resolution of behaving doesn't kick in til then.

I'm pretty sure one of the things that feeds my ADD is my penchant for social media. But I don't really care because I enjoy getting to know people on the internetz.

Exhibit A: this blog

So I have widened my parameters of communication so that I can get to know you, my friends, in your inner sanctums. Like Facebook and Twitter.


I am thoroughly convinced that Twitter is crack to my ADDness. I feel like I can embrace being random because I am confined to 140 characters. This simultaneously thrills and terrifies me. Signing into Twitter almost makes me feel like I'm playing virtual ping-pong.

Not Pong. I feel like Myspace is more like Pong. Sorry, Myspace. 

Not that there's anything wrong with Pong. Sorry to group you in with Myspace, Pong.

 You can follow my randomness here...if you're up for it.



For a more conventional (and who in 2006 thought Facebook would be considered "conventional?") means of communication, I have started a Facebook page. On Facebook, I feel a little safer, a little more streamlined, a little more cohesive. I feel like I can stop and smell the roses or have a leisurely chat with someone. It's all good in the Facebook world. To follow my page, you can click the "Like" button on the left sidebar. Or you can go here.

Also, my posts are available through RSS feeds (like in a Google Reader) or via email subscription. I'm just here to give you more and more options until your head explodes because variety is the spice of life.

FYI: I'm trying to figure out a way to make my sidebars a little more aesthetically pleasing. If anyone has any suggestions for improvement/coding already done for me, I'll give you all of my milk money.

Seriously.

Sidenote: has anyone finished off their holiday dessert buffets? My mom baked two batches of cookies today, and our supply of sugar has been replenished. This is why I'm never growing up and getting a real job.

Just kidding. Hopefully.

This post today was brought to you by the letters "A" and "D"...and "D." 

No comments:

Post a Comment