Thursday, January 20, 2011

Operation: Life Update



Hello, my friends!

I have missed you. Greatly. Like, for serious.

I hope your January hasn't been too Januaryish and that all of your wildest dreams have come true.

I kinda like you guys a lot.

So, school started. And as much as I have told myself it wasn't going to be a crazy whirlwind and that I was going to keep my schedule under control and that I was going to cook and blog every day...

Well...

Life happens. Shock.

Let me give you a rough sketch of what I've got going on:


  • 17 hours, including the most fulfilling, work-laden English classes offered by the university
  • Also including a Practicum in which I'm compiling a journal for a literary conference
  • Also including yoga. Thank goodness.
  • Two jobs.
  • Being President of our campus honor society
  • Serving as a mentor for younger students on campus
  • A blog
And to all of this mix, I have added...

An internship.

My dream internship.

Today, I learned that I'm going to be working at one of the publishing companies located in town. 

!!!

Sorry. I'm a little giddy.

I don't care if I'm the coffee-mistress/goddess of the sandwiches/"that dumb intern." I'm just excited that someone would let me watch how books are made. 

I've gone from a kid reading box while sitting inside a box full of books to learning how books are made. Seriously, how much cooler can it get?!

I know, I know. I'm a nerd.

But a very happy nerd, indeed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment