Hello, my friends!
I have missed you. Greatly. Like, for serious.
I hope your January hasn't been too Januaryish and that all of your wildest dreams have come true.
I kinda like you guys a lot.
So, school started. And as much as I have told myself it wasn't going to be a crazy whirlwind and that I was going to keep my schedule under control and that I was going to cook and blog every day...
Life happens. Shock.
Let me give you a rough sketch of what I've got going on:
- 17 hours, including the most fulfilling, work-laden English classes offered by the university
- Also including a Practicum in which I'm compiling a journal for a literary conference
- Also including yoga. Thank goodness.
- Two jobs.
- Being President of our campus honor society
- Serving as a mentor for younger students on campus
- A blog
And to all of this mix, I have added...
My dream internship.
Today, I learned that I'm going to be working at one of the publishing companies located in town.
Sorry. I'm a little giddy.
I don't care if I'm the coffee-mistress/goddess of the sandwiches/"that dumb intern." I'm just excited that someone would let me watch how books are made.
I've gone from a kid reading box while sitting inside a box full of books to learning how books are made. Seriously, how much cooler can it get?!
I know, I know. I'm a nerd.
But a very happy nerd, indeed.