Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oh Bloggers, I'm Ho-oooooome!

Hi everybody!

It's hard for me to believe that it's almost summer (and, subsequently, that no less than three cicadas have flown into my face today).

I mean, that picture below this post...it has snow in it.

I know, I know. Wayyyyyy to keep you updated.

Needless to say, it's been a very busy past couple of months.


I graduated from college! You can see here that I'm wearing no cap. In fact, I didn't take one single picture with my cap on after the ceremony. The day such such a blur and the culmination of 3 months of solid exhaustion. When I finally plopped myself on the couch that evening, my mom quietly said, "You know, you should've taken a picture with us."

You guys. I was so out of it I didn't even take a photo with my parents.

*Cue mortification*

So you know that whole thing where you're supposed to get a job after graduation? Well, I did. I graduated on May 9th and began working May 11. For those keeping score, I graduated on a Saturday and began work on that Monday.

Yep.

Oh, but I didn't even tell you the best part yet: I'm kinda homeless. As in, I have no address. 

*Cue Mortification*

It's ok. I'm just glad I have friends who will take me in. Otherwise...well, I don't really like to go a day without showering anyway, so...you do the math. Please. I graduated with an English degree. But a couple of my friends and I are looking at an ADORABLE townhouse to rent. I'll keep you posted; I'm probably definitely going to need some decoration advice, as my dorm room last year looked like a prison.

Seriously. The only things I had up on my walls were signs that said "Happy Birthday!" in thirteen different languages. And I didn't even put them up. To top it off, my birthday is in March.

So did I tell you I work in publishing? It's kind of awesome. I work in corporate communications, so I get to talk to people about books. And then I'm also a freelance editor, so I kind of get to make them too. I love my job. Love love love. I'm really glad I get to do this for a while.

Shameless plug: if anybody wants to send me work, I'm more than willing to edit your things to death. 

So as you could probably guess, there hasn't been as much cooking creativity as I'd like there to be. But once I get settled into a house within the next month, you better believe I'll be cooking up a storm. There's only so much Subway a girl can take, ya know?

How are YOU doing?!? I've missed you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment